Positive and negative impact of ICT on society
A.) Faster communication speed
- - In the past, it took a long time for any news or messages to be send. Now with the internet, news or messages are sent via
- e-mail to friends,business partner or anyone efficiently.
- - with the capability of bandwith, broadband and connection speed on the internet, any information can travel fast at an instant. It saves time and is inexpansive
B.) Lower Communication Cost
- - Using the internet is cost-effective than the other mode of communication than the other mode of communication such as telephone, mailing or Korea Service. It allows people to have access to large amounts of data at a very low cost.
- - With the internet we do not have to pay for any basic services provided by the internet. Furthermore, the cost of connection to the internet is relatively cheap.
C.) Paperless environment
- - ICT technology has created the term paperless environment. This term means information can be stored and retrieved through the digital medium instead of paper. Online communication via email, online chat and instant messages also helps in creating the paperless environment.
D.) Effective Sharing of Information
- - People can share and exchange opinions, news and information through discussion groups, mailing list and forums on the internet. This enable knowledge sharing which will contribute to the development of a knowledge based society
A.) Social problems
- There are some of negative effects of ICT.
- Nowadays, people tend to choose online communication rather than having real time conversations.
- People tend to become more individualistic and introvert theft, hacking, pornography and online gambling. This will result in moral decadent and generate threat to the society
B.) Health Problems
- A computer may harm the user if they use it if they use it for a long hours frequently.
- Computers users are also exposed to bad posture, eyestrain, physical and mental stress.
- In order to solve the health problems, an ergonomic chair can reduced back strain and a screen filter is to minimize eyestrain.
C.) It waste time